Mothers are some of the strongest, amazing, inspiring and most influential people ever! They literally grow tiny humans – that’s incredible. Becoming a mom is one of the most scary and exciting things you will ever do. You are taking on the responsibility of another little life and that is not an easy task! You will be their voice, their comfort, their guidance, their world for a period of time.
When you think about what you want motherhood to look like for you, who do you look up to? Do you look to your own mother or a mother-like role model? Do you have friends, siblings, maybe cousins that have already stepped into the journey of motherhood? You have a rewarding and tough road ahead of you Mama – seek some help. Don’t do it alone!
We have been searching for months for the most inspiring and honest moms to follow via blog and social media and compiled a list for you! We did not search for who had the most followers and none of these amazing moms paid us for this shout-out. Not that sponsored posts are a bad thing, but we just wanted to be really transparent and say we made this list on our own. This is simply a list of some powerful women that are worth following if you want some help on your journey through motherhood. There were SO MANY awesome candidates with unique perspectives, but we ended up narrowing it down to the below list which was hard to do! These moms all bring something a little different to the table so check them out and see what inspires you.
- The Analytical Mommy: Rachel is the brains and beauty behind this blog. She is rocking her specs in her photos and has a beautiful glow and baby bump with baby number three! I briefly chatted with her via Instagram and she is super professional, friendly and quick to respond! Her Instagram is full of interactive posts of mom hacks, must-try products and her family. Her website is a one stop shop for all things baby and parenting. One of our favorite posts from her blog is about tips for pumping at work. Many women struggle with the transition back to work after being away on maternity leave. The thought of being away from your baby and pumping at the office is just downright stressful and awkward! She has a ton of tips about preparing for this and has product recommendations. If you are a Pinterest addict like us then you might also be interested in her Pinterest page where she has group boards setup for collaboration. You can check these out and request to join here.
- You Me and Lucy is a lifestyle and motherhood blog about the life of Jaylynn Zvanut, a former model who traveled the world, and now a stay at home mom exploring San Francisco. Talk about life-changing! She seems to have adjusted into motherhood quite nicely and is loving every minute of it. She has all sorts of fun blog posts about her pregnancy, life with a child, food and more. One of her recent posts talks about experiencing her first earthquake and how it changed her perspective on the new year. Her word for 2018 is FULL. Check out the “full” story here. Her Instagram page is full of pictures of adventures with sweet baby girl Lucy, who always seems to be laughing or smiling in every picture! What a doll.
- This Family We Love blog is run by Taylor and it’s full of positive vibes and REAL LIFE stuff. She talks about how she has always wanted that perfect family – everything clean and behaved children. Well that is definitely not her reality today and she is totally owning it! Does that sound like you? Before you had children, you probably painted this picture of what it would look like. We always have such high expectations, don’t we?! She is embracing REAL mommy-hood for all of it’s rewards and struggles. She is a stay at home mom with two kiddos and loving life! From thrift store hacks to stay at home mom routines – this girl has a lot of great content. On her recent thrift store haul post she has pictures of all the awesome clothes she picked up for about $25! It really makes you want to hit up the local thrift store for some new gear! What a frugal mom! And with all that money she saved – she could put it towards other family adventures. Way to be frugal!
- Motivation For Mom – From parenting, marriage, health/fitness to finance – this girl has a little bit of everything. A quote from McKayla’s page – “life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.” Funny and true! A mother plays so many roles within the family. This paragraph sums up everything she is about: “If there’s one thing that people should know about being a parent, it’s that it’s HARD! In today’s world, it doesn’t matter how good of a mom you try to be, you’ll be shamed for something. But the truth is, as long as you put your children above yourself, and be the best mother you can be, you are a good parent. I created “Motivation for Mom” in hopes to share all of the knowledge I have learned and continue to learn throughout this wonderful journey we call parenting.” If you are looking for some weekly motivation and humor, every other post on her Instagram page has just that! On Wednesday she posted…”Honestly, I was having a really good Friday until I realized it was only Wednesday. How, How is it only Wednesday?!” Hang in there McKayla, it’s Friday now!
- Milky Mama has got you covered when it comes to all things breastfeeding. This blog was created by Krystal Nicole Duhaney, a Registered Nurse, Certified Lactation Counselor, and breastfeeding mother of two children. Like so many mothers, Krystal struggled with her milk supply at times. This can be devastating for a mother and can lead to feelings of shame and guilt. Mothers want to provide food and comfort for their babies and when they are unable to do that, it can be heartbreaking. On this page you will find products, recipes and support for keeping up your milk supply. It will be similar content to our recent post on natural ways to boost your milk supply. We support both breastfeeding and bottle feeding! As long as you are feeding your baby, you are doing your job as a mother.
- The Momma Bun This small shop enthusiast, Shawndee, runs this blog. Her latest post is all about her adventures of breastfeeding. She talks about the many great benefits and conveniences of choosing to breastfeed. She also admits that she wished she would have done more research on the topic before going into it. The more you know, the better the decision you can make for yourself and your little one. Her Instagram is very fun to follow and showcases her two sweet babes. She is truly livin’ the dream in Arizona and all of her pictures will just melt your heart into a puddle!
- Don’t Judge Just Feed is a site dedicated to positivity and support for parents that bottle feed. Many women get shamed for choosing formula or bottle-feeding. While there are many proven benefits to breastfeeding, it is not always possible. This page provides a resource center for breastfeeding related grief for support. There are also dozens of stories from moms all over who endure the same struggles. Their Instagram page is full of snippets of these stories and photos as well. When you are struggling, it is good to know you are not alone. If you are lacking in milk supply, you are not a failure! Please know there are options and support for you. You can also consider looking into donated breast milk!
- Mommyhood Land Last, but definitely not least, Michelle’s journey of motherhood can be described in four words: Glitz, Glam, Meltdowns & Sleep Deprivation! Okay, that was five words but you get the idea. Adoption is very near and dear to her heart, find out more on why here. We really liked her honesty in this post Reality Came Crashing Back In about anxiety and ways to cope. This is the sort of thing that people don’t really like to talk about or admit so it’s good to see when moms open up and share their struggles! Thank you for being so real Michelle! Mothers everywhere need to know these feelings are normal and there are ways to cope!
So, thank you to the moms and all the folks involved with creating and maintaining the above websites! We either stumbled upon these or were referenced to these blogs – either way, we are so glad we found them. These are in no particular order. Just a list we gathered of individuals that we thought were inspiring and unique.
If you or someone you know would like to be featured please reach out to us! We would love to hear from you. It’s always great to follow along on the journey with people who genuinely enjoy sharing their stories and helping others. Please comment or reach out to us through our Contact page or social media platforms. Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to subscribe to us if you would like to receive updates on new blog posts, new product and special discounts!